Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Natasha Le Roux
Job OverviewAssurance Services: Senior Consultant or Assistant Manager (AOA, ARA, and DEA) This position is limited to BBBEE candidates due to BEE requirements. Location: Waterfall, South Africa Position Overview: A global professional services firm has a new opportunity available for an Assurance Services Manager to advise within the Accounting Operations Advisory (AOA), Accounting and Reporting Advisory (ARA), and the Disruptive Events Advisory (DEA). One will be responsible to apply core finance and accounting knowledge in an advisory context to assist our clients in enabling the success of their finance function. Improve the effectiveness and performance of finance functions, and finance processes. The Senior Consultant or Assistant Manager of Assurance Services will be supporting the company’s clients to improve their controllership close-to-report cycle. This includes assessing their people, processes, and systems. One will provide practical and pragmatic accounting solutions and support clients during disruptive events (large transactions, such as IPO readiness, mergers and acquisitions, divestments, etc.). Requirements:
- Newly qualified CA(SA) or a completed bachelor’s degree (NQF 7) in financial accounting / Financial management / IT / Internal Audit
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience in a relevant industry
- Knowledge of financial accounting and internal controls or SOX experience
- Understanding of finance business processes (“as-is”, gap analysis, documentation, flowcharts)
- Internal controls design and testing to address risks identified within a process
- Experience in finance functions optimisation / improvements with ERP and reporting packages / systems (SAP, Oracle, SAGE, Hyperion, etc.) experience.
- Understanding of the chart of accounts structure and design of month-end balance sheet reconciliation process
- Experience with advanced Excel – macros, etc.