The position is limited to previously disadvantaged groups due to BBBEE requirements.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng / Hybrid.
A highly reputable organisation located in Pretoria East requires the expertise of a BI Report Developer willing to work for a 2-year fixed term contract.
The purpose of this position is to design, develop, and maintain business intelligence solutions, including data analytical models and various reporting and dashboarding views. The role requires a deep understanding of data warehousing, data lake concepts, Power BI development, proficiency in Microsoft Stack tools, and a proven track record of leveraging data to drive business value.
Key Performance Areas include:
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions such as reports, dashboards, self-service functionality, and predicative models in response to business needs.
- Design, develop, maintain, and support data analytics platforms and models such as Power BI, and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Contributes to the strategy, vision, and governance of the business unit (BU).
- Deliver best practices, iterative improvement, and innovation at the strategic deployment level.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
- Create analytical models to store and process data such as OLAP cubes, and data marts.
- Establish, build, and maintain collaborative and value-adding working relationships with relevant internal/external stakeholders.
Essential experience, qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology / Honours or Masters preferred.
- Relevant certifications in Microsoft Stack, Power BI, and data warehousing technologies (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate).
- Minimum 8-10 years of related experience working as a Business Intelligence Specialist or similar role, with a focus on Microsoft Stack, expertise in data warehousing, data lake technologies, and Power BI development.
If you meet all the requirements specified above and are interested in furthering the process, kindly send your detailed CV to Patricia Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org.