How to Support Employees in the Workplace
Employee support means giving the people who work for your business the right tools to get the job done. When employees have everything they need to perform, their job satisfaction levels increase dramatically.
All employee support strategies should take note of the employees’motivations to perform and excel in the workplace using the adequate resources at their disposal – tools and equipment.
An important aspect of this strategy, and too often neglected, is the acknowledgment that employees need moral and mental support from their superiors, managers and company owners.
Thus, employee support starts with the employer’s attitude and the belief that employees are valuable assets that contribute to the company’s success.
What is your company doing to promote a better setup for its employees?
Get started by implementing and maintaining a few noteworthy employee support strategies.
- Keep employees in the loop. The more information you share about the company, its mission and the activities that need to be done, the more valuable the staff’s contribution becomes.
- Be clear on job responsibilities and accountability. Help staff to understand what their jobs entail and mean for the growth of the company.
- Give employees productive and challenging work. Meaningful activities and valued input are key to job satisfaction.
- Provide the right tools and equipment for the job. Remove any obstacles and barriers standing in the way of getting the job done.
- Establish effective communication systems. Managers need to communicate clearly and effectively. Ensure everyone in the team understands their work roles and each other to avoid misunderstandings and costly mistakes.
- Encourage and reward initiative and creativity. Let employees show their best work by giving them room to breathe and excel. Micro-management kills initiative.
- Consider work flexibility. Include job flexibility in the benefits offered to employees as a sign of good faith and trust. Some employees can be more productive with a flexible schedule.
Implementing and maintaining employee support strategies not only contributes to higher job satisfaction and less absenteeism in the workplace. Understanding and helping your employees thrive at work is a vital exercise for successful employee retention, one that needs to be enforced before it becomes too late.
Professional Sourcing is a top-tier South African-based recruitment agency operating internationally, IPM accredited, LEVEL 2 BEE RATED and 51% Black Owned.
Our agency specialises in professional placements (senior and specialist talent) and exclusive skills recruitment to a wide range of industries, including JSE’s top 100 companies, SMEs and the Public Sector. -- Patricia Jacobs